There have been a lot of women inventors throughout the years. Many inventions we may never know were invented by women since the law was that the fairer sex couldn’t apply for a patent. Patents were considered property and that was not afforded to women until the late 18th century. Even still, if it weren’t for women, we may never of had these “manly” items to use. Here is a list of inventions that were created by women that are typically viewed as being used by men (or would have been considered as being invented by men). See if you can name any others. Read more…
Thomas Jefferson was the President, wrote the Declaration of Independence, and architect. But, did you know of the Inventions Of Thomas Jefferson?
When you look around your house, you will find a lot of useful items that you take for granted. Most of them we consider something that was not available to our parents or grandparents, but you’d be surprised how long they have been around. While all of them are currently run with electricity, this wasn’t always the case. There were different mechanical means of making things work before you could just plug it into a home outlet. You might be amazed at just how old some things actually are! Take a look below… Read more…
Urban legends aren't an invention of the internet. Here are five of those Franklin inventions that Ben Franklin had nothing to do with in creating.
1. Potty Patch – This is an ingenius, yet simple, device that can help save your floors and rugs when your pet has…err…nature’s call. You put the “Potty Patch” – basically some astroturf over top of a bucket on the floor for your pet and voila! The next time you stay too long at your in-laws, your pet has been given permission to do its business in your home with easy removal. The web site doesn’t explain that your dog will know it isn’t real grass, but hey, it can work for your drunken cousin the next time you have an indoor party, too!
2. Motorized Ice Cream Cone – I know what you are saying, ‘I want an ice cream cone, but my tongue is so tired from talking all day that I just don’t have the strength to eat one.’ Never fear, true believers, I give you the Motorized Ice Cream Cone! Sure, you COULD burn up all of those calories licking away at this tasty, fattening treat, but why do that when you can use this device? What’s more, it comes in four psychodelic colors (pink, green, purple, and orange) and takes 2 AA batteries. Who can resist this? Price: $9.99
3. Twirling Spaghetti Fork – Picture this scenerio: You are at your favorite Italian eatery and the waitress brings you a large order of spaghetti and meatballs. You dive right in and then suddenly – OUCH – carpal tunnel syndrome sets in! This whole situation could have been resolved if you had just purchased the Twirling Spaghetti fork. Battery-operated, the spaghetti fork grabs onto your spaghetti and whirl! The metal tines on the fork come off for easy dishwasher use. Price: $8.99
4. The Goatee Saver – How come I didn’t know about this sooner? Your goatee is much more than facial hair, it is your identity and it needs saving. With the Goatee Saver, you place a mouthpiece into your mouth, adjust the easy-to-turn screws to fit your exact goatee – then TRACE around the Goatee Saver with your razor! Sure, it looks like a prop from Hannibal Lector’s tool box, but if you can get a perfect goatee, isn’t it worth it? Price: $19.99 Look for Father’s Day specials!
5. Cell Phone Handset – If I didn’t own one of these (really! I do!) I would rush out to buy one immediately. In today’s age of small cell phones, why wouldn’t you want this blast-from-the-past, large, clunky handset? If you are waxing nostalgic with your buddies and the phone rings, grab for your 30’s era handset and start talking up that Flapper-girl you met down at the speak-easy last Saturday night! Price: $29.99 Also available in wireless 1930’s bluetooth version: $29.99