There’s a beer bike and you didn’t know about it? How is this possible? Does it make you exercise to get the beer pumped out of the keg? No. The Beer Bike is a party on pedal driven wheels. Below are five things you might not have known about this ride.
1. The Beer Bike is a tourist attraction in Amsterdam. It is often rented out to bachelor or bachelorette parties.
2. The “bike” will carry 10 passengers around a central bar, while they drink beer and look around the city. It is steered by a non-drinking rider.
3. The Beer Bike is not allowed to be driven in Amsterdam’s famous “red light” district. (Obviously beer and sex don’t mix as well in the Netherlands as they do in the U.S.)
4. Amsterdam is looking at banning or restricting the use of the Beer Bike because of two accidents involving the beer bike this year.
5. If you want to rent your own beer bike, talk to Ard Karsten at http://www.beerbike.co.uk/ for more details.